AI FOR GOOD SILICON VALLEY INNOVATION FACTORY CONTEST
All submissions are due: Submission is closed
Do you have an innovative idea or a start-up using AI to advance the SDGs?
Tortora Brayda Institute in partnership with AI for Good is hosting the annual AI for Good Silicon Valley Innovation Factory.
Who can participate?
Any company in the United States that has an AI product or solution that is either designed with the Sustainable Development Goals in mind or can be adapted to help achieve one or more of the SDGs. Contenders can be either Startups or mature companies.
What’s in it for you!
Shortlisted contestants will receive the following benefits from Tortora Brayda Institute for the US/Silicon Valley contest:
PR visibility: Listed with organization/company name, name of the presenter as well as a solution in a press release announcing the shortlisted contestants for the live pitch event on November 15. This press release will also include the high profiled judges of the contest. This PR visibility will reach between 6-9 million audiences. The sole winner of the US/Silicon Valley contest will get additional PR visibility through a second press release announcing them as the winner for this region.
Membership: One-year free membership to Tortora Brayda Institute, with free participation to any active Task Forces including its meetings. Connecting with members at closed meetings.
The winner of the Grand Finale: Some of the awards include: REDDS Capital, Canada-based VC will offer due diligence, feedback plus advisory/mentorship headed by REDDS Fund Manager and COO. Only a very tiny percentage of startups pass their screening and enter our Due Diligence process for possible investments for the future. The winners will automatically go directly into our DD process for possible investment with REDDS investment networks in the coming years. In addition, the winner will also win the endorsement of the United Nations platform for AI.
About Innovation Factory Contest
The Innovation Factory is a pitching-based global contest reviewing technologies and use cases that can make the world a better place in direct alignment with the UN SDGs. The Agenda 2030 and it's Sustainable Development Goals are a plan of action of the United Nations that set 17 global goals to achieve by 2030. The goals put forward the global challenges we face, including challenges related to poverty, inequality, climate, and justice.
The Tortora Brayda Institute will host the US Chapter of the contest - the Silicon Valley Innovation Factory. This competition, in alignment with other regional contests, aims to raise awareness of the SDGs and promote AI technology’s alignment to the cause in the United States in general and Silicon Valley in particular.
The winner of the Silicon Valley Innovation Factory will join the Innovation Factory Grand Finale in December.
What SDG do you bring value to?
Choose your primary SDG. Each goal embraces several targets. Some of them can be measured in a clear and straightforward way by indicators (e.g. Goal 3.1: reduce the global maternal mortality ratio to less than 70 per 100,000 live births; Goal 14.5: conserve at least 10 percent of coastal and marine areas). Others are less simple to determine and evaluate (e.g. Goal 1.5: build the resilience of the poor and those in vulnerable situations; Goal 8.5: achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men).
Your submission will require a PowerPoint presentation including the below information and a 3-5 minute video where you present your solution to us.
The projects and presentations should clearly include the following:
- Tell us about yourself, your team and your main motivation for participating.
- How did you come up with this idea?
- State the SDG goal(s) to:
- which they are related to your solution
- its target(s)
- what means of measurement will be used to support the goal evaluation
- State how the AI is used to impact the SDG and make a social impact
- Explain your solution – make sure that your message is clearly presented and that those without your level of expertise can understand the product/ program.
- Is your solution scalable, such as geographically, across industries etc?
- Is your solution sustainable?
- Please explain.
- How does your company maintain a low ecological footprint and/ or follow practices related to the SDGs (gender equity, recycling, no single-use plastic, etc.).
- How are you currently being funded and what are your future funding plans?
- Do you have an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) or any product available in the market?
- What is your go-to-market strategy?
- Business plan
- Who are your competitors?
- Marketing/Sales/GTM (Go-to-market) plan
- Target Audience
- Costing and pricing strategy (cost-effective or cost-prohibitive)
- Break-even Point?
- Business plan
- Present your message clearly, professionally, and with passion!